Montreal, Quebec—September 24, 2019—Applied Acoustics Systems announces the official release of Ultra Analog VA-3—an all-new version of its analog synthesizer for Mac OS X and Windows.
Ultra Analog VA-3 is a two-voice two-oscillator-bi-filter-plus-effects analog synthesizer with advanced editing options that achieve a sweet balance between familiarity and flexibility. Ultra Analog VA-3 ships with 1000+ presets taking full advantage of its state-of-the-art analog components.
Here are some of Ultra Analog VA-3’s new features:
- Home view—the Home view presents a distraction free and laid-back browsing and tweaking experience.
- Two-Voice Multitimbral—Two independent timbres—stacked or split—create performance-friendly, texture-full, and spacious sounds.
- Macros—Four performance macros per layer that respond to user-defined MIDI controls. Each and every sound features modulation, timbre, envelope, and effect morphing assignments that can be played in real time for enhanced expressivity and sonic dimension.
- Browser—The brand-new browser offers an efficient way to home in on the right sounds thanks to the Packs, Sounds, Categories, and Creators views.
- Factory Library—Ultra Analog VA-3’s factory library contains 500 never heard before sounds as well as refined versions of the 800+ Ultra Analog VA-2 presets.
- Ladder Filter—Ultra Analog VA-3’s multi-mode modules now star a brand-new ladder-type filter for that classic low-pass response
“This new version is all about adding new dimensions to the classic analog sound,” says Eric Thibeault, product designer at Applied Acoustics Systems. “Ultra Analog VA-3 is now multitimbral. Combining two independent Ultra Analog synthesis engines opens up a whole new world in terms of content. We’ve also added per-layer macros that allow sound designers to make sound variations an integral part of the design process. A huge effort has been put into the factory library to exploit all these new possibilities. Each and every sounds were fine-tuned to provide a consistent gain-stage, unity-gain effects, better dynamics, and compelling MIDI-controlled sound transformation assignments. We’re positive that you’ll enjoy this new version of Ultra Analog.”
AAS Ultra Analog VA-3—Analog Synthesizer
The Ultra Analog VA-3 plug-ins run on both Windows and Mac OS X in 64-bit host sequencers that support the VST2, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native, and NKS formats.
Ultra Analog VA-3 is available now at a suggested retail price of US$199. The upgrade for Ultra Analog VA-1 and VA-2 registered users is priced at $79. The upgrade for Ultra Analog Session registered users is priced at $99.
Special Introductory Pricing
Until October 22, 2019, everything Ultra Analog VA-3 is offered at special introductory pricing—as follows:
- Ultra Analog VA-3 plug-in US$149 (50$ off)
- Ultra Analog VA-3 +PACKS bundle US$299 ($100 off)
- Ultra Analog VA-3 Upgrade for Ultra Analog VA-1 and VA-2 users US$39 (50% off)
- Ultra Analog VA-3 Upgrade for Ultra Analog Session users US$49 (50% off)
- All Ultra Analog VA-3 sound packs US$19 (50% off)
Ultra Analog VA-3 +PACKS bundles the Ultra Analog VA-3 plug-in and 15 additional sound packs.
About Applied Acoustics Systems
Applied Acoustics Systems (AAS) was founded in 1998 and is based in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. As a privately-held company, it specialises in software-based synthesis tools for professional musicians and sound designers. Since releasing Tassman, the first virtual instrument based on physical modeling, AAS has come to be recognised as the industry leader in this exciting new field of synthesis.
Review requests should be directed to Jonathan Miller.
General inquiries should be directed to Eric Thibeault.